South Slope Cooperative Telephone Company
Annual Meeting Pre-Notice
The Annual Meeting of the Cooperative will be held on June 21, 2017 in the South Slope Community Center. Doors will open at 1:00pm and the business meeting will begin promptly at 2:00pm. Directors will be elected by mail ballot, with election results announced at the Annual Meeting. Candidates for director seats may be nominated by Nominating Committee or by member petition. Please refer to the fact sheet linked below for important information concerning the nomination and election of directors. For more information concerning the nominating committee, nominating petitions and relevant deadlines, please contact the Cooperative or refer to this page of our website.
2017 District Information:
- At Large – Does not have a Director term expiring this year.
- Amana/Newhall – Does not have a Director term expiring this year.
- Fairfax – Brian Butz's three year term as Fairfax Director is expiring. The nomination committee members may nominate two members from this district to run for this position. Brian Butz is eligible to be one of the nominees.
- North Liberty – Does not have a Director term expiring this year.
- Norway/Ely – Brad Meskimen's three year term as Norway/Ely Director is expiring. The nomination committee members may nominate two members from this district to run for this position. Brad Meskimen is eligible to be one of the nominees.
Members interested in serving on the Board of Directors may submit their name for consideration by the Nominating Committee. To submit a name to the nominating committee please include the name, address, and contact information, along with a signed copy of the board member expectations and nepotism policy to the following address before close of business on May 7.
South Slope Cooperative Communications
Attention: Nominating Committee
PO Box 19
North Liberty, IA 52317
An official notice of the Annual Meeting will be mailed out at a later date along with official ballots, ballot envelopes, and candidate biographies. In order for votes to be tabulated, all mail ballots must be returned to the election administrator or cast at the principal office of the Cooperative by June 11, 2017.