Customer Service RepresentativeApply Now
Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wage Range: $18.57/hr. – $27.72/hr., DOQ
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for interacting with customers and staff via phone, text, chat, email, or in-person to provide efficient and effective customer service to ensure customer satisfaction. *This position is covered under a union/collective-bargaining agreement.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Interact with Cooperative customers via emails, chat, text, phone, or in-person to effectively. address their requests in a timely manner.
- Follow-up with customers to ensure resolution satisfaction.
- Accurately manage customer accounts.
- Maintain records of interactions with the customers in customer database.
- Enter orders in accordance with departmental process (confirming, verify pricing, terms, etc.).
- Perform price quoting and necessary follow-up.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Must have 5-10 years of customer service and/or sales experience, including but not limited to managing incoming calls and customer service inquiries, generating sales leads that develop into new customers, assessing customer needs by reviewing products and services and assisting with service upgrades.
- Previous experience with or knowledge of Internet plans, Cable and/or Telephone services preferred.
- Must be able to help customers acquire services and provide troubleshooting/technical support while on calls.
- Must have prior experience with face to face (in-person) customer service, including live chat.
- Must have a high-level of accuracy to complete service orders and paperwork for assigned accounts.
- Must be able to work in a group and individual setting.
- Prior Telecommunications experience preferred.
- Must have prior call center experience or multi-line telephone experience in a business setting with some knowledge of SOX requirements.
- Applicants must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be pleasant, professional, and detailed-oriented.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize in a dynamic and changing environment in order to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, self-driven and autonomous.
- Ability to promote a positive attitude and professional demeanor, with the capability to effectively. represent South Slope in a positive way.
- Adaptable to customer needs, concerns, and personality types.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Constantly operates a computer/keyboard.
- Individual in this position frequently communicates with customers inquiring about their service with South Slope; Must be able to exchange accurate information on a routine basis.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 10 lbs.
About South Slope Cooperative
At South Slope, we’ve been on a crusade against spotty coverage since 1958, when we opened our doors. Back then, we had a simple mission: serve local Eastern Iowa communities with the best communications technology possible.
The Corridor is our home, and we have a personal stake in bringing world-class technologies to our area. That’s why we’ve set out to deliver ridiculously reliable internet, digital TV and phone services. And we do it with style.
South Slope offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Great Pay
- Excellent Benefits including Company-funded pension plan and 401K plan
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, Short Term/ Long Term Disability
- PTO, Paid Holidays, Birthdays and Parental Leave
- Monthly internet allowance
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please complete our Career Application.
South Slope is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, disability military/ veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected category in compliance with local, state and federal law.