Sales Account ManagerApply Now
At South Slope, we’ve been on a crusade against spotty coverage since 1958, when we opened our doors. Back then, we had a simple mission: serve local Eastern Iowa communities with the best communications technology possible.
The Corridor is our home and we have a personal stake in bringing world-class technologies to our area. That’s why we’ve set out to deliver ridiculously reliable internet, digital TV and phone services. And we do it with style.
Big Opportunities, Big Benefits, Big Hearts
We offer highly competitive salaries, the possibility for remote work, and the following comprehensive benefits package:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K and pension plan
- Paid holidays and paid time off (including your birthday)
- Career development and tuition reimbursement
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Monthly internet allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
As a cooperative, we don’t just talk community support, we live it. Every dollar spent with us goes right back to improving our Eastern Iowa infrastructure and we provide opportunities for employees to give back to the communities we serve.
Join our South Slope Family
There’s a reason our Net Promoter Score of 61 soars compared to our competitors. Our culture is to put people first and our customers overwhelmingly respond in our annual survey that they would highly recommend South Slope to their friends or colleagues.
We also put our employees first which is where you come in. In this role as Sales Account Manager, you will be a key part to our success. You will hit the ground running as an experienced sales guru to connect with our business customers and find new ones. You will be an advocate for South Slope with the knowledge to recommend the right mix of ridiculously reliable services and products to help businesses grow.
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Position Type: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Position Objective /Goal:
The Sales Account Manager will be responsible for representing South Slope’s Sales department to existing, new and potential customers and selling both new and existing products. The Sales Account Manager will be responsible for interfacing with customers for the purpose of increasing retention levels. This role includes but is not limited to expanding service availability and reach by penetrating barriers to expand in our current service areas. The Sales Account Manager will be responsible for meeting and exceeding assigned Sales targets.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Must have a professional presentation style.
- Must be willing to work both standard working hours and non-standard hours to meet customer needs.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be familiar with using and tracking sales in a CRM environment.
- Familiarity working with billing systems and order entry a plus.
- Create detailed business plans and strategies to meet business goals.
- Prospect new business opportunities.
- Provide consultation to clients/customers seeking professional input and attend on-site sales meetings with clients/customers.
- Knowledge and understanding of Sales cycles.
- Create long-term partnerships with existing clients and customers and network to establish new and potential partnerships.
- Ensure that customers have access to products and services that meets their immediate and future needs.
- Capitalize on opportunities to promote service packages that best suit customer needs and wants.
- Keep and maintain accurate logs of customer meetings and interactions.
- Address all customer complaints and provide solutions whenever necessary.
- Attend required meetings and training sessions.
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends and Company events during work hours.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Liberal Arts or equivalent experience required.
At least 5 years of Sales experience.
Marketing experience a plus.
Some door to door experience a plus.
Minimum of 5 years of Telecommunications experience.
Standard Working Hours: Monday thru Friday (8:00 am to 4:30pm)
Hours per week: 40 hours per week with occasional overtime requirement to support business needs.
Work environment: Must be able to work in an office setting while interfacing with customers and prospective business clients. Must have the ability to stand and sit continuously. Must have attention to detail, be high energy and have a positive attitude. Must have an excellent driving report and be willing to travel during normal business hours.
Physical Demands/Essential Job Functions:
- Standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Lifting/Pushing/Pulling (Occasionally)
- Stooping and Squatting (Occasionally)
- Lifting up to 10 lbs. (Occasionally)
- Bending (Occasionally)
- Kneeling (Occasionally)
Reasonable Accommodations can be made if and when requested under ADA.
Medical documentation will be requested from the employee to understand the employee’s need for an accommodation and/or the employee’s medical restrictions. If there is an accommodation requested, all medical information should be certified by the employee’s treating medical provider.
Travel: This position requires some travel and prolonged sitting.
Affirmative Action Plan (AAP/EEO Statement):
South Slope provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- This position may be eligible for hybrid work.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to sign a non-compete.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and pre-employment
- drug screen.
- Individual in this position frequently communicates with customers inquiring about their service with South Slope.
- Constantly operates a computer/keyboard.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information on a routine basis.
- Other duties may be assigned based on business needs or at the discretion of the Designated Supervisor
- Qualified candidates must complete a South Slope employment application.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please complete our Career Application.
South Slope is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, disability military/ veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected category in compliance with local, state and federal law.