Summer HelpApply Now
Job Type: Seasonal
South Slope, headquartered in North Liberty, IA, is currently seeking Temporary Summer Workers to work in our Outside Plant. The Temporary Technician(s)/OSP will perform installs and repair of Voice, Broadband and Cable TV services for residential and business customers. Locates existing underground cable as needed for contractors or excavators.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Assist staff with setting pedestals, laying conduit and placing cables underground. Pull cable through conduits, and repair landscaped areas affected by construction.
Change out optical network card as needed.
- Age 16+ with valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Positive attitude, hard work ethic and a priority for safety.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions is necessary.
- Must be customer service oriented and driven to provide quality service.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude, with the ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have core values: respect for others, be responsible and trustworthy.
- Ability to follow safety procedures at all times.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Ability to bend at waist, sit, kneel, climb, walk and/or stand for duration of work shift (typically 8 hours).
About South Slope Cooperative
South Slope Cooperative Communications provides ridiculously reliable internet, phone and television service to homes and businesses. We are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience and giving back to the communities we serve.
How to Apply
South Slope is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, disability military/ veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected category in compliance with local, state and federal law.