NEW Multi-Function Plant TechApply Now
The Broadband Technician (Multi-Function Plant Worker) position is responsible for the installation and repair of phone, internet and television services for residential and business customers. Ability to troubleshoot South Slopes network and equipment to ensure timely isolation and resolution of problems.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Experience with traditional POT’s services, cable locating, phone systems, CAT5/fiber wiring installation, and termination.
- Ability to locate underground facilities; Install and perform proper termination of various categories of inside wiring and fiber optics.
- Install service and equipment for new subscribers.
- Maintain and repair existing services and equipment by using test sets to locate line trouble, and determine necessary repairs which may include repairing or replacing wiring, cable, pedestals, pedestal stubs, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires, and replacing jacks, lids, and pedestals as needed.
- Drive company vehicle to specific location(s) as directed to perform locates.
- Maintain company equipment per service requirements and safety guidelines.
- Assist other crew members in relocating as needed.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and contribute to a sales oriented culture.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude, with prior experience and ability to use common tools.
- Available to work flexible hours, including on-call 24/7.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record; Possession of CDL-A, or ability to obtain CDL-A.
- Applicants must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Prior telecommunications experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions year-round is a must.
- Ability to work in a union environment, work various hours and different shifts.
- Must be customer service oriented and driven to provide quality service.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude, with the ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have core values: respect for others, be responsible and trustworthy.
- Ability to follow safety procedures at all times.
- Self-starter, with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk on all types of terrain (e.g. grass, ditches, gravel, etc.) in and around residential and rural areas.
- Ability to bend at the waist, sit, kneel, climb, walk and/or stand for the duration of a work shift (typically 8 hours).
About South Slope Cooperative
South Slope Cooperative Communications provides ridiculously reliable internet, phone, and television service to homes and businesses. We are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience and giving back to the communities we serve.
South Slope offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Company-funded pension plan and 401K plan
- Health, dental, short- and long-term disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, and paid birthday leave
- Monthly internet allowance
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please complete our Career Application.
South Slope is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, disability military/ veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected category in compliance with local, state and federal law.