Aureon Announces Local Recipients of the 2022 Scholarship Program
June 7, 2022
Aureon has announced the recipients of its 2022 Scholarship Program totaling $10,000. Six deserving high school students from across the state were selected to receive varying scholarship amounts for demonstrating excellence in the classroom and their community.
The Aureon Scholarship Program is proud to support outstanding students who plan to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Aureon has awarded over $100,000 in total scholarship funds since being established in 2003. Scholarship funds are allocated to students in rural Iowa communities, supported by the Iowa Independent Telecommunications Companies, like South Slope Cooperative Communications.
“Aureon is proud to award scholarships to these outstanding students from across the state,” said Scott Behn, CEO of Aureon. “We are honored to partner with our ITCs to continue this tradition of providing financial assistance to the next generation of Iowans who will continue to grow our industry through the pursuit of a STEM-related education. Aureon congratulates these recipients on a job well done, and we wish them the best of luck in their college endeavors.”
“South Slope is excited to partner with Aureon to make the scholarship available to Macy Kazmierczak of North Liberty, Carson Miller of Solon and Kalin Rotzoll of Tiffin,” said Chuck Deisbeck, South Slope CEO. “We wish them all the best in their academic endeavors.”
The recipients of the 2022 Aureon Scholarship Program are as follows:
- Macy Kazmierczak from North Liberty, Iowa is receiving a $3,000 Aureon Scholarship. Macy plans to attend the University of Iowa.
- Kenadie Lau from Garner, Iowa is receiving a $2,000 Aureon Scholarship. Kenadie plans to attend the Iowa State University.
- Carson Miller from Solon, Iowa is receiving a $2,000 Aureon Scholarship. Carson plans to attend Iowa State University.
- Evan Sloan from Garner, Iowa is receiving a $1,000 Aureon Scholarship. Evan plans to attend Iowa State University.
- Cade Ticknor from Bridgewater, Iowa is receiving a $1,000 Aureon Scholarship. Cade plans to attend the University of Iowa.
- Kalin Rotzoll from Tiffin, Iowa is receiving a $1,000 Aureon Scholarship. Kalin plans to attend Grand View University.
At Aureon, we offer reliable business solutions so our clients can focus on their day-to-day operations. For more than 30 years, connectivity has driven our business and has been woven into the network of solutions we offer customers. From technology to consulting to contact center operations, we develop creative and customized solutions based on our knowledge and understanding of our clients. When you connect with Aureon, you connect with solutions. For more information, visit Aureon.com.
About South Slope
South Slope Cooperative Communications provides reliable broadband internet, phone and television services to homes and businesses in East Central Iowa. With unrivaled customer service and a dedication to the community, South Slope operates as a co-op so members’ investments go right back to improving Eastern Iowa infrastructure. Providing cutting-edge communications solutions since 1958, South Slope continues to lead the charge in delivering world-class technologies to its service area on an extensive fiber network. For more information, please visit southslope.com.
Shane Von Holten