Meet the Business Team : Business Relations Manager, Tom Decker
January 9, 2020
You may have talked with him, but do you really know him? Learn more about our Business Relations Manager, Tom Decker!
- What is your favorite part about working at South Slope?
- Without a doubt my favorite part is that all employees truly have a customer first attitude and work together as a team.
- What’s your favorite food?
- I am definitely a steak and potatoes guy. Nothing better than a nice steak off the grill.
- Where do you live?
- I’ve lived in Cedar Rapids for the last 24 years, however prior to that I lived in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania and even in Swansea, Wales when I was in high school.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- When the weather is nice I enjoy taking the dog for a walk, getting out for hikes, outdoor photography, taking vacations out West such as Utah, practicing guitar, relaxing watching TV shows especially Nat Geo and History channels.
- What is the most memorable place you have ever traveled to?
- I traveled quite a bit in Europe but the most memorable was probably Italy especially Rome with all it’s amazing history and architecture.
- Do you have any pets?
- Yes, currently we have a little black Chihuahua named Charlie that we adopted from the animal shelter and promised him a forever home. He definitely has a Chihuahua attitude, and thinks he is a Great Dane some days.
- Tell us about your family.
- I have been married for 38 years, have two daughters and 3 grandkids (two boys and one girl). I also have one brother and one sister.
- What’s your go-to Karaoke song?
- I don’t have one. No one wants to hear me sing. Enough said.
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- Definitely Christmas. It’s a time for celebrating and spending good times with family, and of course Santa.
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- This is Us.
- If you could have a celebrity as a best friend, who would it be?
- Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin. They are a band that shaped rock and roll music and provided us with timeless classics. I am sure he has some stories he could tell.