Troubleshooting your TV
January 7, 2020
If you are having problems with your South Slope Television service, follow these helpful hints to get you back on track.
- Reboot the set top box by removing the black cord located on the back of the box ensuring that the device powers off, and plug it back in. This could take a couple minutes for the box to load (You will see the Entone logo on your screen).
- Check the cables at the set top box and wall connection.
- Verify that the television is on the proper input. This can be done by pressing the TV input, or input button on the remote and then selecting the correct input that is associated with your set top box.
- Reboot the Comtrend modem, Actiontec, or Air Sonic devices if they are present. These devices will most likely be near the set top box. In some cases you will not have these devices present.
- If your home is supplied with South Slope fiber optic cable, check the cyber power device, often times mounted on a wall in a utility closet, basement or garage. The system status or AC lights on the device should be green. If the AC light is yellow, check the GFI outlet. The cyber power unit is white in color that will be mounted on a wall either in the utility, basement, or garage area. In rare cases the cyber power device will be located outside on the side of home.
- If you are unable to resolve the issue with these steps, please call South Slope for assistance.
Do you have more questions about our Television services? Give us a call at 319-626-2211 to find out more. You can also live chat with us on our website at southslope.com.